Most Excellent Grand High Priest
|Biography: Named for former Governor of Texas, Charles A. Culberson.
Was born in Brown County, Texas, on January 10, 1906. The son of the late Reverend and Mrs. J. M. Sherrod. He has lived in the Lubbock area since February, 1920. He is a graduate of Lubbock High School and Draughon’s Business College.
Was married to the former Miss Hazel Marie Forbes, of Lubbock, Texas. They have one son, Charles Michael (Mike) Sherrod, and three grandchildren.
He is an active member of the Roosevelt Baptist Church.
His business interests include the following: Farming, Real Estate and Insurance.
Raised to the Sublime Degree of Master Mason in Lorenzo Lodge No. 1144, on February 5, 1938. On August 1, 1941, he affiliated with Yellowhouse Lodge No. 841, and served that Lodge as Worshipful Master in 1945-1946. He was District Deputy Grand Master of the 93rd Masonic District in 1947.
Exalted a Royal Arch Mason in Lubbock Chapter No. 248, in 1938. Served as High Priest of Lubbock Chapter in 1948-1949. Served as District Deputy Grand High Priest of the 38th District in 1950. Grand Representative of the Grand Royal Arch Chapter of Florida, near the Grand Royal Arch Chapter of Texas. Has received the Order of High Priesthood. He was elected Grand Scribe in 1962, and after serving in the usual stations, was elected and installed M:E:Grand High Priest of the Grand Royal Arch Chapter of Texas on December 1, 1964, and presided at the Annual Convocation in December, 1965.
Greeted a Select Master in Lubbock Council No. 183, on December 22, 1938. Served as Thrice Illustrious Master in 1951-1952. He was District Deputy Grand Master of the Council in 1960. He has received the Super Excellent Masters Degree and holds membership in the Order of the Silver Trowel.
Dubbed and Created a Knight Templar in Lubbock Commandery No. 60, on January 1, 1942. Served as Commander in 1964. Made a Noble of the Mystic Shrine in Khiva Temple, on November 1, 1943. Served as Potentate of Khiva Temple in 1957.
Received the Scottish Rite Degrees in El Paso Consistory in October, 1944.
Invested with the Rank and Decoration of Knight Commander of the Court of Honour in 1957.
Received the Degrees of the Order of the Eastern Star in Lorenzo Chapter No. 680, in 1938, and affiliated with Idalou Chapter No. 890, in 1945. Served as Worthy Patron of Lorenzo Chapter in 1939-1940, and Worthy Patron of Idalou Chapter No. 890, in 1945-1946 and again in 1963-1964.
A Charter Member of Llano Estacado Conclave, Red Cross of Constantine. Sovereign of Llano Estacado Conclave in 1963.