Most Excellent Grand High Priest
|Biography: Was born December 9, 1904, in Havana, Arkansas; reared and attended Public Schools in Magazine, Arkansas; attended Ouachita and State Teachers Colleges in Arkansas and Peabody College, Nashville, Tennessee; married to the former Miss Mildred Clayton, Fort Smith, Arkansas, and they have one son, Captain Allen Hays, U.S.A.F., and four grandchildren; member of Saint Andrews Episcopal Church, Fort Worth, Texas.
Entered the military service as a private in 1925; accepted commission and active duty in 1933 as 2nd Lieutenant, Infantry; transferred to Finance Department in 1935 and to the Air Force 1942; served at various posts, camps and stations, retired for physical disability in 1946 in grade of Colonel; awarded various ribbons, medals and decorations including Legion of Merit and Commendation Medal with Oak Leaf Clusters for outstanding services; Management-Investment Consultant and Secretary-Treasurer, Polytechnic Investment Corporation, Fort Worth, Texas.
Active in school, civic and religious organizations in his community, serving in various capacities, such as; Parent-Teacher groups, Dadís Clubs, team activities; Board of Directors of Lions Club and President in 1955-56; Board of Directors: Family Service Association, Lighthouse for the Blind, Tarrant County Red Cross and YMCA; Lay Reader in Episcopal Church in Dallas Diocese. Raised a Master Mason, Lodge No. 62 in 1942, Hot Springs, Arkansas; demitted to Polytechnic Lodge No. 925, Fort Worth, in 1955; organized Fort Worth Chapter National Sojourners in 1945 and served as Charter President.
Exalted a Royal Arch Mason, Polytechnic Chapter No. 404, Fort Worth, in 1944; High Priest in 1950-51; Order of High Priesthood in 1950; Excellent Grand Master of 1st Veil in 1951; Secretary of Committee on Work School in 1951 and 1962-64; Chairman, Credentials Committee in 1960 and 1961; Grand Representative of the Grand Chapter of Missouri, near Texas; elected Grand Scribe in 1963; elected Deputy Grand High Priest in 1964; elected and installed M:E:Grand High Priest on November 30, 1965, and presided at the Annual Convocation in December, 1966.
Honorary Member of the Grand Chapters and the Orders of High Priesthood of Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, New Mexico, and Oklahoma; Grand Prairie Chapter No. 489, Hugh J. McClellan Chapter No, 248, and Keystone Chapter No. 172, Midland.
Greeted a Select Master in Polytechnic Council No. 336, Fort Worth, in 1944; Thrice Illustrious Master in 1950-51; Illustrious Grand Captain of Guards in 1952; Grand Representative of the Grand Council of Arkansas near Texas; Order of Silver Trowel in Louisiana in 1952 and charter member of the Order in Texas; Super Excellent Master in 1944; Honorary Member of the Grand Councils of Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, New Mexico, and Oklahoma; Order of Silver Trowel in Arkansas, Mississippi, Missouri, and New Mexico and Council of Thrice Illustrious Masters in Oklahoma.
Secretary of Tarrant County Chapters and Councils Officers Association; Charter Member of Tarrant County Certificate Menís and Past Presiding Officersí Associations.
Dubbed and created a Knight Templar in Worth Commandery No. 19, Fort Worth, in 1944; honorary member of Khiva Temple, Amarillo. Admitted and Constituted a Noble of the Mystic Shrine in Moslah Temple, Fort Worth, in 1944; Honorary member of Khiva Temple, Amarillo. 32 Degree Scottish Rite, Valley of El Paso, in 1964.
Dubbed and created a Knight of the Royal Order of Scotland in Detroit, Michigan, in 1964.