QualificationsA Companion to be considered for this award must be outstanding with some of the following attributes:
- 1. One who has rendered great service to the Chapter, beyond the normal call of service and duty.
- 2. One that does not expect the hope of fee or reward in any task he performs in service to the Chapter or members.
- 3. One that promotes his Chapter and Capitular Masonry at every opportunity.
- 4. One who is present without asking, or helps behind the scenes unnoticed.
- 5. One who freely gives of his talents, time and efforts without asking to do so.
- 6. One who might keep the Chapter room clean and neat or in order for the meetings of the Chapter.
- 7. One who might keep the door open when others arrive or greet members or visitors as they arrive.
- 8. One who might see that the table for refreshment is set and ready for any occasion.
- 9. One who sees that the Chapter room, kitchen and other areas are clean before and after the meetings.
- 10. One who might see that a bulletin or newsletter is prepared for the Chapter or prepares the mailing of material to the members.
- 11. One who looks after the building and grounds without asking.
- 12. One who does not have to be asked for whatever task is needed by the Chapter.
- 13. One who is the cornerstone of the Chapter that would sorely be missed when not at the meetings of the Chapter.
A worthy member of your Chapter to receive the Cornerstone Award.
A Subordinate Chapter of The Grand Royal Arch Chapter of Texas may select a worthy member of their Chapter to receive the Cornerstone Award.
No present Elective or Appointive Grand Officer, and no Past Elective Grand Officer is eligible for consideration for this award.
The recipient shall have no knowledge of this Award in advance of the presentation.
The High Priest of a Subordinate Chapter shall appoint a Committee to select and recommend a Worthy Companion to the Chapter for its consideration and vote. The selection shall be recorded in the minutes of the Chapter's Stated Convocation. A majority vote of the members present shall approve the selection. The selection together with the cost of the award shall be forwarded to the Grand Secretary who will prepare the Award and forward the Award to the Chapter for presentation. The date of the presentation must be forwarded to the Grand Secretary's office for the recording of that data on the form. A copy of the Cornerstone Award will be forwarded to the Committee on Recognitions, Honors and Awards of The Grand Royal Arch Chapter of Texas.
To download a Nomination Form: Cornerstone Award (PDF)